Friday, September 11, 2009

The Real Problem With Self-Righteousness

I learned something else again today.
And....................I learned this while riding my lawn mower, just like the other day.
Perhaps I should cut the grass more often.
I like to cut grass.
I cram my head phones in my ears, turn on my MP3 player and I'm all alone.
Most days, it's just me and God, all alone for about an hour and a half.
You may think I'm a nut, but here's what He told me today about the real problem with self-righteousness.

The real problem with self righteousness is that mine is worse than yours.

I believe that is true.

Yours won't take me to hell, mine will.
Yours won't poison my spirit, mine will.

Here's what the scripture says........
Isaiah 64:6 (King James Version)
6But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Isaiah said "all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags"
He said, ours, not theirs.

The real problem with self-righteousness is I never see mine, I only see yours.

Yours never hurts me, mine will destoy me.

The real problem with self-righteousness is that self righteousness is my problem, not yours.

Maybe you should mow your yard a little more often, it sure has helped me the past two weeks...............

No comments: